ELAN Curriculum Principles
We agree that our schools' curriculum must:
- be at least as ambitious as the National Curriculum
- be broad with carefully chosen content that is well-structured and logically sequenced
- be designed to give all learners, the knowledge, skills and cultural capital they need to take advantage of future opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of further learning and employment - to succeed in life.
- embrace the individuality of each school
- ensure a common entitlement at each stage of pupil’s education using trust wide agreed progression documents
- be quality assured through mutual critique