Contacts and information
Places to go for support
If someone has hurt you, or someone (a child or adult) has done something that makes you feel upset or scared, tell somebody. It is important for you to get the support and protection you need.
There are two ways you can contact someone for help
- the council's Single Point of Access Team
You don't have to give your name if you don't want to.
Single Point of Access team 01275 888 808 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Ask to speak to the duty social worker.
Childline 0800 1111 More information is available on the Childline website. All calls are free and confidential.
Useful contacts and information
- Extend Learning Academies Network main office: 01934 313390
If you have any concerns about the behaviour of someone working or volunteering with children please contact the LADO – Local Authority Designated Officer via the Referral and Assessment Team: 01275 888808 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Single Point of Access / Children’s Front Door on 01275 888808 or email@example.com
Out of hours social care Emergency Duty team: 01454 615165
North Somerset Safeguarding Children Partnership https://www.nsscp.co.uk/
- Samaritans: 116123 https://www.samaritans.org/
- Next Link: Domestic Violence Hotline: 08082000247 https://www.nextlinkhousing.co.uk/northsomerset/
- Young Minds (resource for young person's mental health): 0300 1233393 https://youngminds.org.uk/
- Kooth (resource for young person's mental health) https://www.kooth.com/
- Action for Children: 0300 123 2112 firstname.lastname@example.org
- NSPCC: 0808 800 5000 email@example.com
- Mermaids (Help for gender diverse children and young people) 0808 801 0400 https://mermaidsuk.org.uk/
- Young Victims (help and support to young people (aged five to 18) who have been victims of crime, anti-social behaviour or domestic abuse) https://www.youngvictims.org.uk/