T&C's - Full terms and conditions - please read as there may be things that affect your course booking
Event and courses - Terms and conditions
All courses and events are displayed on the professional development page of the ELAN website. Places on events are strictly on a first come first served basis.
- Events close 5 working days before the event date.
- If the event is closed or full and you would like to attend please search for future dates or email the course coordinator Caroline Cox at ExtendEdRoom@extendlearning.org
- Please do not attend events unless you have received a confirmation email confirming your booking. This will be sent once the event has closed. Attendees who attend without a booking may be turned away.
- Please ensure that you have the permission of your setting’s budget holder to attend. You will be required to provide a purchase order number (PO) prior to attendance at the event (non ELAN schools only).
- Events are priced as shown in the event details.
- Please note that events will start promptly at the published time and will not finish until the advertised end time.
- ELAN reserves the right to refuse entry to delegates who arrive outside of the advertised start time (unless advised in advance).
- Refreshments will generally be available 20 minutes prior to the start time.
- For courses held at the Extend Education Room inside Bournville Primary School, parking is only available off site on surrounding residential roads. Parking at other venues may vary. These will be advised in the confirmation email.
- Course instructions will be sent out, by email, direct to delegates approximately 5 working days before the date of the event.
- For all face to face courses, delegates are required to sign a register on the day as evidence of attendance and in case of an emergency evacuation.
Participants agree to carry out pre-assigned tasks that may be necessary for the successful completion of the training.
- Evaluation is an essential part of event attendance which participants agree to complete as part of the event. This allows us to quality assure our training events, to meet event objectives and ensure our venue choices are of suitable quality.
Cancellation and non-attendance
- If you are unable to attend, please cancel your place by email ExtendEdRoom@extendlearning.org at least five working days before the event start date. Failure to attend or notify will result in the full cost of the course being charged.
- If for any reason a different colleague will be taking your place on a course, please notify Caroline as soon as possible by email to ExtendEdRoom@extendlearning.org so that the register can be updated.
- ELAN reserves the right to cancel an event if the number of booked places does not reach the viable minimum number. In this case the delegate will be sent an email advising them of the cancellation. The delegate information will be added to a waiting list to be invited on the next scheduled course.
- ELAN reserves the right to cancel a course at short notice should events beyond our control make this necessary. If this should occur, participants will be offered a place on our next available scheduled course, or alternative dates where it is a client-specific course.
- For a course to run, it may become necessary to change the delivery to an online format. In this instance a Microsoft Teams invitation will be emailed to all attendees.
- It is the responsibility of the attendee to monitor their emails for updates on a regular basis.
- Where refreshments are provided, participants agree to advise the events coordinator of any dietary requirements at the time of booking. Every effort will be taken to comply with requests.
- Please advise the coordinator of any access requirements. We will of course include details of accessible parking arrangements for our chosen venue with our joining instructions.
- ELAN respects your privacy and does not share your email address with other organisations – you will not be contacted by third parties.
- Your details will be added to our own database in order to advise you of our upcoming courses and events, with your permission.