Mutual school services are an addition to the school contribution management and business services. Schools have identified and chosen to “club together” to provider these enhanced services across the trust to save money using economies of scale.
One of the benefits of trust working is that we work together to provide what we need for the children. Schools have chosen to mutually fund:
- SEND specialist teachers and support (e.g Social, Emotional, Mental Health) SEMH, Cognition and Learning)
- School development, support and training
- School improvement, support and advice
- Assessment data processing and handling
- Media, website and communications
- Sports champion and development lead (sports premium grant funded)
- Education Welfare Officer (EWO)
Schools benefit from the group purchasing power providing value for money and financial efficiencies across a range of services and products.
- Trust contracts that are accessed by all schools (utilities, software, compliance, resources, supplies etc.)
These services are administered by the central team. The total cost of these services is divided equitably between our schools, no additional service charge is made, it is a cost neutral or negative area as it is a cost that would normally be found from individual school budgets.
The purpose of the central team is to benefit the schools within the trust and provide what they need to flourish.