Welcome to ELAN – Extend Learning Academies Network. By arriving at this page, we hope you are interested in a teaching career with us. Our purpose is to provide an extraordinary education for all: an education that empowers our children and staff to achieve their best and be proud of who they are and what they do. This extraordinary education is set out in our Pledge to Pupils.
Whatever stage of their teaching career, an ELAN teacher:
- is passionate and committed
- is intuitive
- loves children
- wants to share their own love of learning with children
- is interested in education;
- actively seeks to improve their craft in line with our pedagogical principles.
Please explore the pages below that detail what our expectations of an ELAN teacher are and our commitment to you as part of our teaching staff.
Our current vacancies are published here. If we do not currently have a vacancy that suits you, please register your interest with us here and we will send you future opportunities as they arise. We can support you throughout all stages of your teaching career.
By working in one of our trust schools, you become part of a wider community of schools with common values:
We embrace individuality.
We work together.
We do the right thing.
For you, this means opportunities to work with colleagues across the trust, sharing best practice and resources, developing ideas and having the potential to progress your career within an organisation that never stands still.
Your teaching career and development will be supported by:
- bespoke, detailed curricular planning with sequences of lessons based on trust principles
- collaborative networks and working parties
- specialist advisers
- effective, efficient, accurate and time saving summative assessment system
- research and innovation
- a comprehensive CPD offer
- a range of career pathways
- an opportunity to work in schools serving different communities
- enhanced wellbeing.
Successful applicants will be offered a role subject to the satisfactory completion of a number of background checks including but not limited to; an enhanced DBS check, the taking up and verification of references, qualifications and career history. We also reserve the right to contact any previous employers for a reference.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff have a responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of the children in our care and are required to adhere to and ensure compliance with the trust’s Safeguarding Policy at all times.