Working for us
Working in the trust
Being part of the Extend Learning Academies Network means that all of our schools have comprehensive back-office support available to them. Having a central team takes away the bulk of finance, hr and estates administration meaning that schools can focus on the education of children.
Being part of a larger organisation, our schools benefit from financial gains and bulk buying power. This results in schools having a reduction in their individual school costs allowing more flexibility with their budget.
Teaching and learning
In many multi-academy trusts, the main benefit to the curriculum and consequently to teaching and learning comes from opportunities for collaboration. It is the same for Extend Learning Academies Network schools. Sharing subject expertise and ideas is invaluable.
Our teachers are able to consistently broaden their skills in foundation subjects such as art, music and sports/PE. Our Extend-Ed team ensure quality, accessible continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities, for staff at all stages of their teaching journey.
Support and development
Being part of Extend Learning Academies Network means that our schools always have someone to talk to at all levels. Staff are both challenged and supported. We find it really helps to discuss and share ideas which leads to an improvement in practice. Individual experience and specialist knowledge can be developed by both networking and by having opportunities to move to a role at the same level in another school.
Non-teaching staff can also access continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities and staff networks. Sharing expertise, experiences and ideas whatever area of education you work in is valuable. For those who have not worked in education before, we welcome your skills learned and developed from other industries and businesses.
Of course, the decision of whether or not to work for ELAN is a personal one. However, if you're looking for a supportive and collaborative work environment, a commitment to professional development, and a focus on positive pupil outcomes, then ELAN would be a great place for you.
Here are some of the reasons why.
• We have a strong set of values, which are built upon collaboration, integrity, respect, innovation, and a commitment to providing an extraordinary education for all pupils. It's important to make sure that your own values align with ELAN's values before you apply for a job.
• We have high expectations and aspirations for all of our children. Nurturing high aspirations in children is crucial for their growth and development, but it's equally important to ensure those aspirations are grounded in reality. We help our children to learn about themselves and their potential; overcoming setbacks and challenges. We want all of our children to access an extraordinary education because we all care.
• Team and community are paramount to everything that makes our schools function well. Our shared purpose and strong focus on collaboration and mutual support means that you'll have access to a wide network of colleagues who can offer guidance and support, both professionally and personally. Teamwork distributes the workload, making tasks less daunting and deadlines more achievable. We believe that diverse viewpoints lead to a wider range of solutions and creative approaches to challenges. Your knowledge, voice and experience will be welcomed into the team's melting pot of ideas.
• Working with children in an ELAN school means building strong relationships with families, colleagues, and other community members promoting a sense of collaboration and shared responsibility for the wellbeing of children.
• We are looking for people with a wide range of skills and experience. However, regardless of the role you are interested in, there are a few particularly important things, such as a commitment to working with children and young people, excellent communication skills, and a strong work ethic. Show our children that you have high aspirations for yourself and are willing to work hard to achieve them.
• If you're looking for a challenging and rewarding career, then ELAN could be a great place for you. However, it's important to be realistic about your expectations. Working in education can be demanding, and it's not for everyone.