Each school within the Extend Learning Academies Network (ELAN) has a Local Governing Body (LGB). The LGB within each school provides focused governance at a local level, working to represent the needs of their school community and using their varying skills, strengths and expertise from all walks of life to enrich the provision and governance of their school.
LGBs are made up of representatives of the school staff, parents, and the community, who have a special interest in the school and volunteer their time to work together with the Headteacher to deliver the best education for pupils.
Being a Governor is a rewarding way of making a voluntary contribution to the lives of local young people.
We have a few governor vacancies within our schools and we would be delighted to hear from anyone who:-
- Is interested in children’s education and the performance of the school
- Is community spirited and would like to represent the community
- Has spare time and the energy for the role
- Is able to work well as part of a team
- Has an enquiring mind and the confidence to ask questions and debate issues that affect the school
- Can consider matters objectively and make informed judgements
We don’t expect you to be an expert in education and welcome governors from all walks of life to bring different perspectives and views. You just need to be interested in supporting our schools, community and the educational outcomes of our pupils.
If you are interested, please contact Sarah Edwards on email@example.com
For further information on the schools within the Extend Learning Academies Trust please visit www.extendlearning.org