School Closure due to Suspected Gas Leak at Mead Vale School
The decision was made on the morning of 8th June 2018 to close Mead Vale Community Primary School. Parents/carers were sent a text as soon as the leak was suspected, to advise them of school closure and that all children were being safely moved and accommodated at Worle School.
Mead Vale children are now being collected from Worle School, approximately 200 have been collected so far, the remainder are being looked after at Worle School and will be provided lunch at Worle and kept there until they are collected or until it is safe to return to Mead Vale.
A gas leak was found in the school above an air vent, the gas was closed down and the gas board were on site and the fault will be rectified today. It is expected that the school will be open as usual on Monday.
Well done to all our calm, professional and trained staff and pupils at Mead Vale for their effective execution of the School Emergency Plan.
Huge thank you to Worle School and the Priory Learning Trust for their support and also to Waterhouse, Gas Safe and the Gas Board for their quick action in resolving the issue.